Jun 2, 2009

Homeschool: Create-a-Culture

I got this idea from a bookstore and made it my own . . . I'm a good and cheap copy cat.
Calvin had so much fun with this, I thought I would pass it on as well.

He did a great job creating his own culture of people. I even had him draw a map of his country, he labeled everything (mountains, rivers, lakes, parks, cities, the capital of the country, etc.). I made his color it and include a map legend. I think I might want to make one of these for myself. :)
Create a Culture



I have to say that I made this last year at the beginning of the school year. After hearing President Uchtdorf's Conference message about Creating, I knew I had done something great. (grin).
Here is the Mormon Message about his talk:
(side note: I love to listen to his voice. I imagine my grandmother-a German immagrant-sounded much like this. My dad would obviously remember her voice better than I would. I sure hope she keeps her accent - when I see her again I want to hear it.)

1 comment:

Lance and Heather said...

I can't believe you are homeschooling! Wow! that is really something.

I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I thought I had lost your blog(bad address), and I was no longer able to view it. Thanks to your comment, I have found you again.

Hope everything is going well with you guys!